Battery Management System
As an extension of my motorized longboard project, I worked with a friend to design a comprehensive safety, charging, and cell balancing solution for lithium batteries.
The system is built around an LTC6803 battery monitor IC and STM32F303 microcontroller.
- overvoltage, undervoltage, and overtemperature protection
- bidirectional current monitoring for overcurrent protection and SoC estimation
- boost converter for CC/CV charging high voltage packs from a standard laptop adapter
- 100mA passive cell balancing
- UART, I2C, and CAN communication ports
- WS2812 addressable LED support
- compact 1.9in x 2.9in PCB size